9 November 2007

Zing Vaa

My first visit to this restaurant was with my seniors who very much raved about the quality of dim sum found here. 2 years ago, being the only decent chinese restaurant in the city that offers authentic chinese food, we got to put up with an always packed restaurant, long waiting time and at times harsh staff. But this is now no longer seen after Wong Ting opened its door last year and while everyone are flocking there for the subjectively better food, I still prefer Zing Vaa for its nostalgia.

The interior of this Cantonese restaurant...




Har Kau (Steam Prawn Dumplings) - this is significantly on par with those found in Hongkong and because I have the habit of separating the skin from the prawn, it is obvious when the skin is too thick to 'melt' in the mouth after a few bites but like I've mentioned I like Zing Vaa and this to me this is still one of the best dimsum place I'll go.




Crispy fried squid




Bai Hua Juan (Fried Prawn Roll) - My no. 2 favourite :p




Har Cheong (Prawn rice roll) - can you see the smooth texture?




XO Seafood Udon - Oily and not much of a distinctive XO taste...there is another wet version that consists of more vegetables and gravy which I personally prefer.




There might be a lot more dim sum posts coming up...because I am a very dim sum person...even back in Singapore...so stay tune!


Zing Vaa
55 The Moor
City Centre
Sheffield S1 4PF

No comments: