11 November 2007

Continental Market @ Fargate

The plan of the day was to go down to the city centre for the Continental Market event along Fargate street but the trip was cut short due to unagreeable weather throughout the afternoon.

The Continental Market comes to Sheffield approximately 3-4 times a year and is always well received by the people here looking at the crowd on a wet Saturday afternoon. It offers a wide selection and choice of various European food products and mechandise with the odd Asian stalls appearing now and then.

The food on display was a feast for the eyes and making a decision as to what to eat was a difficulty with everything looking so appealing!

The apple tarts




Turkish delights




Homemade Meringue




Olives




Traditional Hog Roast






Belgium waffles. I got myself one with white chocolate which was heavenly...I mean the sugar overload sensation with some 'bad' carbo always match flawlessly ya?






I got all excited when I see this Thai stall tucked in a little corner and with Thai aunties to match no less! Now thinking back I must have been a carrot head for spending 4 pounds for a basic vegetarian stir fry noodles and 2.5 pounds for fishballs with sweet chilli sauce...but you know...comfort food...they are to make you feel comfortable and happy...and I am after that so I guess I can't complain much.






Smoked salmon from Port of Lancester Smokehouse






Sunday is the last day of the event so you are are reading this article just in time for it then do pop by for a visit. It will not disappoint.

Continental Market
Fargate Sheffield City Cenrtre
8th-11th Novemember 2007

1 comment:

ED! said...

hey you're linked (: hahah.