17 November 2007

Zeugma @ London Road

Zeugma, a turkish restaurant along London Road, is known for their turkish kebabs and judging by the crowd everytime we pass by the restaurant, it seems very popular and gets especially crowded during the weekends.

I heard a lot of good reviews on the food they serve and the dinner tonight is indeed a very pleasant affair.

Service is good and because we were there to celebrate a friend's birthday, they even switch off all the lights in the restaurant when they bring out the birthday cake after having our main courses cleared.

Waiting time for the mains took almost a good 20 minutes but to be fair we went as a group of 16 people.

The only slightly down side is that by the time we leave the place, all of us are smelling of charcoal and bbq food.

The turkish tea




I ordered a baked spinach with cheese and egg. Initially since they are known for their kebabs I wasn't having too high expectations with their vegetarian food but this dish comes across as a very refreshing change from the conventional food that I am used to having.




Baby chicken 'something'. I couldn't recall the exact name but this is one of the dishes that one of my friends ordered. I heard it is good although the chicken contains more bones than meat.




Zeugma
146 London Road
Sheffield S2 4LT
Tel: 0114 2582223

No comments: