10 November 2007

Formosa Delights

With the increasing poplution of Chinese from mainland China, I am not surprise to see a significant increase in restaurants opened by the Chinese serving food from their respective province.

Was at the new Cathay Buidling for some corporate event and since the choices were limited to either Billy Bombers or Formosa Delights, the latter was of course my preferred choice.

Apart from one or two tables occupied by some Chinese customers who seem to be regulars, the restaurant was very quiet despite it being dinner time.

Assorted pickles and braised peanuts served




I asked for a recommendation and the service staff told me that this fried tofu with mango sauce is their speciality but I really don't see what is special about it. The sauce is too sweet and weird to go with rice and the tofu itself is way over fried.




Spicy Fish Head - the fish head was fried and then topped with chilli oil (yes that is not gravy you are looking at..it's all oil) which was a pity and the overpowering chilli masked any flavours if any of the fish so all I know is I am having fried fish with chilli oil...nothing else.




The life saver of the meal was the simple seafood and tofu thick soup.




After the meal, I remember constantly feeling thirsty which I highly suspect is due to the MSG added to the food. Maybe if you like food with very strong flavours, you can try this...but definitely not on my list of recommendations...


Mian Mian Ju Dao Formosa Delights
2 Handy Road
#B1-21/22 The Cathay
Singapore 229233

No comments: