26 November 2007

Banana Bread

I apologise for the lack of updates. Been very occupied these couple of days and will be more so for the following weeks to come so while I am stranded in the library working on my seemingly 'mission-impossible' essay, do be patient with the updates :)

I am trying my hands on baking and if you are a first timer as well, this is an effortless recipe to follow through.

(Pardon the lousy quality of the images...I can only get my camera on the 19th Dec)




Ingredients:

- 1 cup 2 tsp flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- raisins
- salt


Instructions:

- Mix butter, sugar and egg
- Beat egg gradually into the mixture
- Mash the banana and add it into the mixing bowl after the eggs
- Add raisins
- Fold the remaining flour and salt into the mixture
- Bake for approximately 50-65 min depending on your oven (I set mine at 180 degrees 60 min)


I shared the banana bread with my friends and they prefer this to the cornflakes bake so I actually got more bananas from the supermarket to bake them for the gathering last night. However, due to time constraint I bake the cornflakes snack again.




I am now thinking of what to do with the bunch of bananas in my kitchen (I don't like to eat banana as a fruit itself) now when I barely have the time to even prepare a proper dinner.

Til then...

No comments: