23 November 2007

Beijing - Day 3

I enjoy the freedom of being able to plan my own itinerary so the trip was a free and easy one with me being the 'tour guide' to my mum and sis. Provided time permits, I will say planning for a trip and then anticipating it is just as enjoyable as going on the trip itself :)

We spent the morning at Yi He Yuan with the infamous marble boat and 17 arch bridge...




And the afternoon @ Temple of Heaven...

\


Thereafter it's food street and more food streets!






Waiting for the teriyaki squid...nicely marinated 30cm skewer for 2 sgd...




One of the few official Olympics store in the city area.




Another similar food street...

Bing Tang Hu Lu that we always see on tv. (Notice the sign on the right? Loosely translated as fermented 'smelly' toufu that smells through ten thousand years...I kid you not but the smell was so strong it was as if someone puked on me!)






My favourite Liang Pi again.




And the many types of BBQ skewers all 2 sgd or less.






The exotic cocoons and scorpions...I never fail to get goosebumps all over whenever I see these photos again and the thing is I suspect they are 'for show' only cos seriously I've never see anyone else ordering them!






Day 4 and 5 coming soon...

No comments: