27 November 2007

London - November 2006

The trip to London a year ago was when my mum visited me in UK for a short holiday and since her stayed lasted merely a week, the visit to London was a short one.




I remember she was craving for chinese food and so I brought her to my list of favourite restaurants in London. This noodle bar, located right opposite Bayswater tube station, can easily be located from the big 'mien' (noodle in Chinese) sign at the front entrance.

I never fail to have their vegetarian version of mo po tofu rice for lunch everytime I visit London except for my most recent trip down when the circle line was under maintenance and my common sense conveniently disappear forgetting that the district line can still get me there. It seems plain but very often the nicest food is always something so ordinary but heartwarming and this is the exact comfort food I come for each and every time.




My mum tried the 2 roast noddle.




We shared a sweetcorn soup and kai lan with crabmeat sauce.






The lunch was about 20 quid which is why people always say living in UK is expensive...I say it's all about not converting back to sing dollars to avoid feeling the pinch.


My random breakfast.






For this trip, we stayed at Millennium Gloucester Hotel @ Gloucester Road nestled in Kensington district which is literally across the street from the tube station with easy access to most tube lines . Recommended by my Canadian friend as a Singaporean owned hotel of good standards, I am of course not disappointed and if staying in London will be expensive, then why not pay a little more for a more pleasant stay and for those missing Singapore delights, they even have got a restaurant on the ground floor by the name of Bugis Street or the like!




More London food to come...

No comments: