19 December 2007

Paris - Dec 06 - Latin Quarter - Part IV

Latin Quarter, located on the left bank in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, is known for its many reasonably priced bistros due to it proximity to the Sorbonne University.
Come night time, the atmosphere is lively with lots of souvenir shops scattered around and bistro owners touting for business along the street.



Conveniently located right across Notre Dame.



Hmmm...I needed a toilet pretty badly then and so I believed I must have hopped into the second or third bistro in sight since almost all look very much the same offering similar seafood fare.

We ordered a fresh prawns salad as starter, crab roe and salmon as mains and a chocolate muffin as dessert. Food is good especially taking into account how difficult it is for me to find fresh seafood in UK and it's also the cheapest dinner in Paris so far costing us slightly less than 40 euros for a meal for two.









Ended the cold night with a warm and sinful nutella banana crepe.



The hotel for this trip is the conveniently located Paris Hilton, right across the street from Effiel Tower. Service is particularly good especially when on the day of our scheduled departure, alot of flights to UK were cancelled due to very bad weather and the staff went to extra mile to print out the details of my flight to assure me that the flights cancellation would not affect me (although the flight was delayed for 6 hours due to the weather after we reached the airport).



The view from the room's window



People say the French are arrogant...but I say they definitely know how to indulge in their way of life...

I like Paris...so much that I am planning for a trip again next summer...

Till then...

No comments: