26 May 2011

Gandhi Restaurant @ Chander Road


I first chanced upon Gandhi when my boss suggested an impromtu department lunch at what he described as one of the best of its kind in Singapore. Curiously, I followed along and was met with the hustle and bustle of activities during the lunch crowd and the colourful variety of indian dishes offered.

The dining experience intrigued a first-timer like myself.

You first find yourself a seat and a staff would follow to 'lay the table' with banana leaf, rice, curry, lentil and the likes. Thereafter, you have the option of choosing dishes you fancy before you tucked into the food with the very bare essential, your right hand (fingers to be exact).

Not long after, I made a trip back on a Sunday evening for a quick dinner. Bad decision to travel to little India on a Sunday. Full stop.

And so, after several months, I finally made it back to Gandhi again. This time round with a very satisfying dinner, no less.

Here's dinner!


And for the side dishes, we had the flower crab which was definitely the highlight of the meal.


Very savoury and well marinated Fish cutlets.


Sambal eggs.


And curry fish. The same fish curry drizzled onto my banana leaf that goes very well with the rice and papadum.


Dinner for two came up to approximately S$22.00 inclusive of drinks and the above.

Definitely worth a visit =)

No comments: