20 July 2011

Bistro One Zero Three @ Pasir Panjang

Bistro One Zero Three has always been greatly raved about by a friend who proposed to his girlfriend with the help of one of the Bistro's owner. 

And so since I was at Vivo City and most of the eateries seem to have perpectually long queue, I made a short trip down to Bistro One Zero Three which is a short 5 minutes drive away.


Granted, ambience is cosy given it's 'family run' nature and service is generally impeccable. I would have enjoyed my meal at this unpretentious if not for something about the food that does not quite agree with it.


Amongst the four of us we had a fish and chips, a salmon dish, a chicken dish and apparently its signature pork (pardon me but I can't quite remember the dishes now).

I had the salmon and unfortunately, the sauce which I suspect was prepared mainly with balsamic vingenar, was the sourest sauce I ever had and which was far too overwhelmingwhen paried with a fish dish. I can only vaguely recall this meal as a sour one. Which was a pity really given that the salmon was pan fried to a decent tenderness and the mashed potato smooth and creamy.



But fret not. Maybe I was just unlucky that day. Perhaps you will have better luck with the pork neck and/or chicken thigh.


Do give it a try if you're looking for somehwere homely, quaint and unpretentious.

No comments: